Product Description: A modern tool for the modern bassoonist.
- This bassoon profiler includes the only four-sided, replaceable blade. No time wasted sharpening, replacing the blade or adjusting heights. It also features a blade that is stronger and sharper than the traditional blade. (Purchase an extra pack of blades (40 edges!) and you are truly set for a very long time! )
- The Maxwell Bassoon Profiler features a numbered dial adjustment. The increments of the dials are 0.0635mm or 0.0025in. These heights were tested to accommodate a bassoonists' preferences. They alter the height enough to make a difference without unnecessary extra turning of the dial.
- Adjustable chip thickness. This profiler allows you to alter how much cane is removed to any preference.
- This modern tool comes with expert advice. It is the only American profiler that has technical support with a professional bassoonist and university studio teacher. Help videos available online (members or customers receive password after purchase) to help guide common questions.
- This American product was designed and manufactured and built in the U.S.A.!
As a studio teacher I believe it is important for bassoonists to profile cane with dignity! This means no counting of shims, experimenting with blade heights after replacement, and exact return of settings. This profiler was intended for studio use with multiple users, or that bassoonist who is eager to explore different thicknesses (easily!!) without worry of losing their original settings.